Salmon and Steelhead Monitoring in the Eel River
Redwood Empire Trout Unlimited is partnering with our friends with Golden Gate Trout Unlimited on a critical Salmon and Steelhead monitoring project. Our team is assisting the California Department of Fish and Wildlife with the installation of a Didson camera on the mainstem of the Eel River. This will allow steelhead and coho to be accurately counted as they pass the camera, and provide valuable data that will aid in recovery efforts on the Eel.
GGTU and RETU are assisting CDFW with the funding of some of the equipment, and with assembly and support of the site.
How you can help:
- Donate: Give Today to Support RETU member and volunteer led restoration work
- Follow us on Facebook: Keep up on the latest news on the Eel River project and opportunities to help conservation work
- Volunteer: Join our volunteer list to learn about opportunities to help watershed restoration
- Join: Join as an RETU member to show your support for all the conservation work we do in the Redwood Empire region
For More Information
- Ecology of the Eel River
- Didson and other Sonar Imaging Tools Explained
- Fly Fishing: The Eel River is Coming Back
- Golden Gate Trout Unlimited